For the Love of Paper -Make Some Art Today

This pretty much sums things up.  Make some art today - for the Love of Paper.  ( I crack myself up)

 I'm still busy painting away on more of my big series but when taking a break, I'm all about the sketchbook.  Seriously - OBSESSED.  I am loving drawing again - drawing for drawings sake.  Doodling, art journaling- whatever you want to call it, I am doing it.  You can peek into my sketchbook HERE and HERE.
This month I decided to put a twist on my sketchbook fun and make a little book of quotes.
Nothing fancy - in fact I want it to be the opposite of fancy.
 So I turned to my favorite free paper of ALL TIME - the trusty brown paper bag. I cut some pages, wet and dried them (no idea why - just seemed like something I should do) and made signatures, covers and searched for "coptic stitch" online for some help with book binding.  It is not perfect but I LOVE how it turned out.  Bitten by the handmade bookmaking bug now.




Next is filling in each of the pages - each day a different inspirational quote - art business or creativity related.  It is just for me to keep on my desk to take a gander at when I need a little boost.
Take a peek at some already done...


I love this quote. - You don't need fancy supplies - make some art with the stuff around you.
Why do you love paper?  Tell me in the comments


The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper! Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight. And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts March 31). Led by book artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five week creative adventure for paper lovers. Find out more here
more paper lovers here:

Majo Bautista / Tona Bell / Louise Best / Cathy Bluteau / Jennifer Bomgardner / Giova Brusa / Lindsay Buck / Beka Buckley / Joanna Caskie / Jonathan Chapman (Mr Yen) / Halle Cisco / Sarah Clare / Cathryn Clarge / Dawn Clarkson / Rhiannon Connelly / Jenny D'Fuego / Molly Dhiman / Ian Dudley / Ayisatu Emore / Akmal Farid / Monika Forsberg / Claire Fritz-Domeney / Louise Gale / Chrissy Gaskell / Julie Hamilton / Emma Hawman / Rachel Hazell / Holly Helgeson / Claudine Hellmuth / Kim Henkel / Sarah Hoffman / Joanne Hus / Paula Joerling / Beth Kempton / Julie Kirk / Eos Koch / Katie LaClair / Kristy Lankford / Michelle Manolov / Doreen Marts / Rosie Martinez-Dekker / Tori Mears / Maria Mederios / Lise Meijer / Debbie Miller / MaryJane Mitchell / Suzy Naidoo / Grace Noel / Hannah Nunn / Camilla Olsson / Jo Packham / Rachelle Panagarry / Monette Pangan / Melanie Paul / Nicole Piar / Jen Pitta / Liz Plummer / Julie Reed

The PaperLove Blog Hop is a celebration of all things paper! Follow the links to discover more bloggers who love paper and use it to inspire and delight. And if you want to explore a whole world of paper, and stretch your paper passion further with a host of creative projects, why not join the innovative new online course PaperLove (starts March 31). Led by book artist Rachel Hazell, PaperLove is a five week creative adventure for paper lovers. Find out more here.

9 comments

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved that paperbag journal.
I so love doing this blog hop. So nice to read about every once love for paper. Thank you for sharing yours.
/Camilla Olsson - also in the blog hop www.camillaolssonart.wordpress.com

jyothisethu said...

enjoyed reading the blog and watching your work...

Unknown said...

It is so nice to see everyone's take and love for the same material!!
Beautiful notebooks you have!

Louise said...

Hellooooo...I am doing the bloghop and I just commented on another blog how much I LOVE brown paper for writing and doodling on. There's something so nice about the paper. I must save all my brown paper bags and make a sketch book too. There, I am all inspired now. Thank you {*}

Julie said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, Bricolage! I see you went to RISD too - so did I! Lucky you to still live in Providence!

Love your brown bag journal of quotes and your way of using what you have - that is a lesson I need to follow!

Glad I stopped by - I haven't gotten to everyone on the list yet, but sooner or later I will - it's been fun!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing how you recycled paper bags into a book. Thanks for sharing on the blog hop.

Jenni said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. This bloghop is so much fun. I love your handmade book of quotes and that you use what you have around you. Love your doodles. Thanks for sharing.

Paula J said...

Enjoyed your post, especially the part where you said "and I have no idea why" . Sometimes that's just the way it is. I am so ready to make a book now, you know, in my spare time! HAHAHA I crack myself up too.

Julie Kirk said...

I love the brown paper bag book. I'm an absolute 'I'll keep that to use in a mini-book sometime' freak! And now a corner of my craft room is over-spilling with paper bags I've saved!

What I'm not as good at is making myself make something! I've got about 4 'junk' journals in pieces, in plastic bags, awaiting assembling + decorating. One day ... one day ...

A [rather belated but still full-strength] hello! from a fellow PaperLove blog hopper.

Julie :-)

http://notesonpaper.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...