Sea Watch -daily painting, beach scene

5x7 oil on masonite panel. this is painted from the challenge photo posted over at Karin Jurick's inspiration site . Of course I couldnt resist this one - in fact I did 3! This is the kind of photo I love - people doing their thing - Often I get asked to paint from someones photos but they usually are the kids staring at the camera. No interest in that at all - these kind of shots are what grab me. btw - added the bird in honor of our Ospreys that have just returned to town! Spring is officially here.

8 comments

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

I like your colors and brushwork and agree, that this type of photo has many different painings in it. Nice work.

Avocaken said...

I like it!!!! Your choice of colors is really good. OK, so where are the other two paintings? :-) I agree about those "family photos" either everybody is staring into the camera or there is a mass of backsides! Candid shots are SO hard.



Ken B.

Edward Burton said...

Beautiful job, Debbie. I love your brushwork abd colors. I'm having fun with my version too - might need to do another one.

Carol Horzempa said...

Beautiful! I love to your addition of the Osprey.

Vern Schwarz said...

Great painting Debbie, everything works so beautifully together.

dominique eichi said...

Your piece for DSFDF is wonderful the added bird gives it an added lift.

Lauren Maurer said...

This is super! I love it!

Debbie Miller said...

so many comments - how fun! thank you everyone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...