Beachroad

6x6" oil on masonite sold
Sometimes the title of a painting comes even before I start to paint, sometimes it just doesnt come at all. This is not my kind of title but it is my kind of painting. I do like things to be representational but I really like my work to be painterly and colorfull with strong composition. The subjects I'm drawn to are usually things I love and having that come through in the painting is important. One of my girlfriends was looking at my work recently and she said something like;"Your paintings are so happy feeling".....ahh now were talking.

1 comment

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lovely.
I get the same type of comments about my paintings being cheerful and happy. Let's face it. There's too much misery in the world. Happy paintings are my thing ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...