Beach Color SOLD

6x8" oil on masonite panel sold
This I actually painted on 8x8 but I think it looks better cropped (this is the cropped version)so when its dry I will cut it down and resign it. The photo also doesnt really capture the vivid color. I tried. Below is a photo that I just cant help calling "I 'heart' the beach" The beach we go to (Briggs Beach,Little Compton) is actually loaded with rocks which I almost always dont paint-artistic liscence :-) BUT we are always on the lookout for 'heart' rocks and for the last couple of years we bring them home and toss them in a bowl on our dining room table. This is a photo of them. We 'heart' the beach.






7 comments

Brendy Vaughn said...

We have a collection of heart shaped rocks too! Not as many as you have though.

You said you were going to cut down one of your paintings. I want to do that to one of mine too. I paint on canvas covered panels. Is that what you use? How do you cut them down? Thanks for any help you can offer - I'm not sure how to go about cutting them down.

Nancy said...

Hi Aunt Debbie,
I went online today to view today's posting and then I remembered that it's WEDNESDAY! I hope you enjoyed your day with your little pink muse.
Nancy

Chris Ousley said...

Sold! Good painting.

Debbie Miller said...

Thanks All. I love getting comments :-)
Nancy, I'm thinking about doing a "Wednesdays with Mirabel" series.

Debbie Miller said...

Oh and Brendy, I just paint on gessoed panel, no canvas glued on. So cutting it down with a good sharp blade is no problem. I am not sure how to cut the canvas covered ones. good luck.

Bronwyn said...

I love finding heart shaped stones, too, they're like little messages from Heaven, messages of hope, to me.

Brenda York said...

I enjoy your paintings so much! Great colors! And I was amazed to see your rock collection. I have a bowl of "Heart Rocks" in my dining room too! We look for them wherever we travel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...