Easter Eggs

nfdp
Going through boxes of my grandmother's things, my mother found this "birth" day egg.  It was given to my grandmother in the hospital after my mother was born - which was the day after Easter that year. (1940 )
Probably it was dyed pink and has turned brown over the years. I imagine the nurses dyed blue and pink eggs for all the babies born then and gave them to the new moms.
 Cool or weird?  I'm on the fence.  Have to respect the writing on the egg with marker pen though!!  Did they have Sharpies back then?

                                Looking for more current egg decorating inspiration?  take a look:

1. onion skin eggs , 2.white sharpie eggs, 3.black sharpie eggs, 4. paint and sharpie eggs

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...