Monday, November 24, 2008

Winter - my first encaustic!

6x5.5" encaustic,collage,oil

My first encaustic! - encaustic is painting with hot wax. - and man, is it different than what I normally do - totally out of my comfort zone! But completely fun and addicting. ---ooh the layers and depth! its completely freeing. Ive been waiting to use this stack of old childrens book pages too.


Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

My mouth dropped open! SOOO cool! I love, love, love it. Lucky you, are you taking a class?

Karen Appleton said...

Wow Debbie!
This is really beautiful. Very very interesting addition to your paintings. I love the combo of the collage work with the encaustic. This has a wonderful dreamy feel to me.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it!

Debbie Miller said...

thanks- you sweet blog friends!!

Kelley - no class, just experimenting on my own. My brother paints with encaustic and I finally caught the bug. (btw - were having a show together at the cutler building on the 19th)

Karen - dreamy is what I was going for and you'll be happy to know I'm itching to bring back the chandeliers with this :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love this! Beautiful!