Beach Bright

6x6" oil on masonite panel
Maybe if it actually starts to FEEL like fall around here I'll start to paint something besides the beach. Anyway, the more I paint the more I have the urge to move away from realism into ....well, I'm not sure, something simple? loose? graphic? Its a constant battle. In this it was all about just color. yummy crisp color (once again my photo doesnt do it justice) and that shadow on the blanket. I like that.
***dont forget, if you are in the area the RISD alumni,student sale is on Oct. 6th 10-4 on Benefit St. in front of the museum. Its a great time and place to pick up some neat art. I'll be there with lots of paintings and some prints too. Come by and say HI.***

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...