A Bunch of Friends

6x6" oil on masonite panel
One of the best things about painting is how it can be like meditating...at least for me, but I suspect it is like that for other artists as well. Your mind has a task to focus on. For this it was really trying hard NOT to zoom in and crop like I usually do. It was hard! Also, I think about alot of other stuff when I paint. While working on this I was thinking about how I draw Black Eyed Susans ALL the time in my doodles and sketchbooks and have for years. They are like old friends, I know them so well. Then I was thinking about if all the Susan's out there in the world like these flowers or not? I'll have to ask the Susan I know. Lastly, I was thinking "Why didnt I crop and make a more interesting composition?!"
Coolest thing about daily painting is ...tomorrow! another day, another painting. Tomorrow I crop!

3 comments

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love this post and also love 'Susans'

Karen Appleton said...

I love this painting too! I think the composition is incredible. Thanks for the tip on orange:)
Karen

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I still love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...