Sliced

6x6" oil on masonite
Today I'm working on a commission. These I did while painting "Patience". Its one of those little round single sized watermelons (which taste like air btw). I sliced it for my sons afterschool snack and thought it looked fun to paint plus I had a full palette. Below was my first attempt, I wasnt happy with the comp. It looks too much like...well, "melons" so I sliced it one more time and I think it works much better. The 'men' in my house prefer the 1st one. Go Figure. This is my 70th post!


3 comments

Karen M Schmidt said...

I see what you mean about that first one (LOL). I definitely like your second one better - the composition is much more interesting to me.

Congrats on your 70th post! Hey, maybe you should paint some diamonds for your 75th one ...

Liza Hirst said...

Very nice painting! I like the second one better, too. The colours are great.

Madison Moore said...

Love this. Really nice. Keep up the great work.

http://kmadisonmoore.blogspot.com
new DP member

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...